Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Dissolving Clouds

I have been dissolving clouds today,
just picking them out of the blue,
my will a feather that strokes them
softly into oblivion, gently out of sky.

A trick I learned from gnarled old wizards
having no practical application
in the realm of regular life, unless
you consider essential this letting go
of something no longer needed.

Releasing a cloud makes azure
openings where fresh cumulus can come
newly made babies at the world’s nipple,
newly made snowflakes in your face.
I have no idea what I am doing, or why.



1 comment:

g said...

sometimes the clouds dissolve themselves, to create new images: the dragon, the bear.....and as these too dissipate, to form other images, we want them to remain and we look for them in other clouds without knowing "why"